Friday, March 30, 2007

"OUR SIXTEENTH PRESIDENT... SORT OF..."




Colored version of L.I.N.C.O.L.N., another member of the sprawling and bizarre cast of my animated series concept proposal, previously posted as a sketch. What's his story (besides being an obvious rip off of Marvel Comics' M.O.D.O.K.)? He's a bit shrouded is mystery for the moment (meaning, I haven't conjured up a proper background for him yet) -- what do I know about new, improved L.I.N.C.O.L.N.? Well, his head is enourmous (as tall as a grown man), he can't support the weight of his massive melon on those tiny legs so his mobility is dependent on his special steam-powered frame constructed from the very wood used in the balcony state box #7 the original Lincoln was assassinated in at Ford's Theatre (the Civil War-era cannon he keeps housed is his hat is but one of many wicked devices stored there).

He is a semi-zombified clone (hence his grayish color), and his freakish appearance is the disastrous result of some haywire plot to successfully clone original Lincoln. This Lincoln is nasty and generally evil -- he wants to undo all that Original Lincoln accomplished and reduce ALL of humanity to an illiterate, subservient slave race. He also wants a bride --- I'm sure that won't end well! Why clone Original Lincoln, and who would do such a thing? I don't know yet, and it may not matter in the end. And, hey -- who's to say that time travel won't figure into this freakish villain's story sometime in the course of things? Who's to say that Original Lincoln won't travel back in time to help our heroes defeat this affront to nature and history? Not me -- in fact, I think that'd be quite swell! Oh, and just to review: L.I.N.C.O.L.N. stands for Lethally Intelligent Non-Confederate with Obscenely Large Noggin!

1 comment:

Erik Jones said...

hese are amazing, just like you