Friday, March 20, 2009

J!NX + POP-MONKEY + ZOMBIES = "FETCH FLESH"!





Hooray! One of my "top-secret" projects saw the light of day today. I was contacted a few weeks ago by a resident of the soopah-fantastic gamer/geek clothing company J!NX to work on a wickedly evil t-shirt design commemorating the release of a certain fifth entry in a popular video game series. We bounced a couple ideas around and the zombie-fetch idea was finally decided upon. I really worked hard on this and the deadline kind of snuck up on us, so I ended up pulling 2 all-nighters in a row to get it done on time. Truth be told, I wish I'd had a day or two longer to fine-tune it, but you don't always have that luxury, and I'm quite happy with how it turned out. The color schemes I chose were a bit odd (maybe due to lack of sleep), but the fine art-goblins at J!NX chose the best one, and tweaked it enough to fix some of my poor choices.

All-in-all, it was a terrific experience, and I'd like to thank J!NXer Kino for being so great to work with and making the process as smooth and clearly-communicated as possible. I've worked on some freelance jobs where the communication on the other end is abominable, and it becomes quite clear the client has no idea what they're really looking for or how to best communicate their thoughts to me. Those jobs can be a headache. This was not one of those jobs, and there's a very good chance we'll be teaming up again very soon. I look forward to it.

I also look forward to your feedback, and support. Head on over to J!NX and order a shirt or two and let me (and them) know what you think!






No comments: