Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"THIRTEEN STEPS" PINUP





Finished coloring a pinup for my friend Kevin's comic THIRTEEN STEPS. It's a werewolf comic with some nice twists to it regarding a sort of Alcoholics Anonymous for monsters. Kevin Mellon handles the art like the champ he is, and the writing chores are tag-teamed by Phil Hester and Chuck Satterlee. I've met Chuck at a comic convention, and he's a tremendously friendly guy, but I've yet to meet Phil, though he's been one of my favorite comic artists since he was toiling away at books like THE WRETCH.

Anyway, check out the book, if you can -- it's published by DESPERADO PUBLISHING. The piece follows my standard modus operandi: pen & ink colored in photoshop. The book is printed in black and white with grayscale shading, so I did a grayscale version, though I wanted a full-color piece just for fun!

2 comments:

Caleb Prochnow said...

this is awesome. I love your full color version.

Stephen Lindsay said...

Outstanding...