Saturday, June 27, 2009

BLACK EYED PEREZ




Been a while since my last post. I've been hip-deep in two logo/mascot/banner design projects that I don't want to post any preliminary artwork for until they're in the can, and I haven't had any toss-away sketchbooky stuff to show either. I did receive a golden revelation the other day for a new quickie t-shirt design that I just had to get out there quickly before the whole thing grows stale (and it may already be too late). No, it's not a capitalization off Michael Jackson's death (though that may come later), but rather a celebratory reminder of what happens when you constantly run your mouth like a spoiled bitch and then tie up a major emergency network by twitter-crying to all your vacuous "fans" begging them to call 911 for you, subsequently getting all litigious because the big mean man shoved you for being a total hole and your daddy never taught you how to be a man and your mommy never taught you manners.

Who could I be talking about? None other than the petty, subhuman shudderingly known as Perez Hilton who makes a "living" from hatefully criticizing those he envies and being a general narcissistic and needy creep.

It took a couple of the BLACK EYED PEAS to finally put this "guy" in his place, and that's worth at least one t-shirt design, along with a lifetime allegiance to the BEP's. The pun seemed obvious immediately upon hearing the story, and I quickly went to google to see if the idea had been taken already. Surprisingly, it hadn't, so I begin the task of creating a simple design that wouldn't take too much time. I know it's risky counting on anybody wanting a picture of this guy's face on their chest, but hey, carpe diem.

Brush, pen & ink with Photoshop (and yes, the lettering is hand-drawn)




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

what pencils do you use for your sketches?

Paul Linsley said...

that's great man! I don't know the story of this Perez guy, but I like the design.

Robin said...

brilliant and hilarious! indeed, carpe diem ... LOL

Inside the Rock Poster Frame said...

Where can we buy one ?

WRING zine said...

omg i want it!

Johnny² said...

Hadn't heard of the conflict before now... don't care enough about celebrity drama to buy this type of shirt...

BUT, that said, this is a pretty cool concept, what with the pun and the artwork and the satire... nice work.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! That shirt is amazing!
I want one!
Where can I buy?
I know this shirt won't be so applicable or wearable in a month or two.
But its a must have for now. lol
Cheers man.

netbook ram said...

Honestly perez? get a REAL life. i would not be one bit shocked if everyone admitted to strongly disliking you, because there is nothing TO like about you. and this whole situation sounds exactly like something you would do. i'm with the black eyed peas 100%.

Impuissance Sexuelle said...

Nice shirt. I want to buy one for me and more for my brother.