Tuesday, December 4, 2007

"The GREEP is coming to chew on you!"



My little girl, Parker, is 6 years old, and she loves to tickle and play with her daddy. One of her favorite games involves turning off all the lights in the bedroom (when it's dark outside), shutting the door so no light comes in, and trying to avoid me as I pretend to be a monster/dinosaur/fiend who's trying to eat her. I gave my monster an off-the-cuff name the other night: the Greep. It's also the sound the Greep makes as it stalks it's prey: "Greep, greep!"

She wanted to sit down with me and draw what the Greep looks like, so we each sketched out what we were seeing in our heads as we played. So, these are our versions of the Greep. Guess which belongs to whom...

5 comments:

david j hoskins said...

Wow Parker's is awesome......yours is pretty good as well....

Dustin d'Arnault said...

Hey man I love your drawings. I finally stumbled on to your blog. I remember all your stuff from your senior show. Hope the real world is treating you nicely.

-Dustin

mellon said...

sorry, dude.

i think i'd buy hers over yours.

just sayin'.

Pop-Monkey said...

You should see some of her other stuff! Parker writes stories and draws all the time. She produces at least 4 comic book short stories per week! She'll have surpassed her old man by the time she's 12!!

Anonymous said...

jared, your drawings are terrible. start all of them over, but do them better, like parker. you know? i hate you.